- No Glass Containers
- No running on the concrete
- No climbing of any fences
- No excessive horseplay to the discomfort of others (wrestling, dunking, splashing, etc.)
- No spitting
- No cussing
- No diving in shallow end
- Chairs may not be reserved unless you’re having a scheduled/reserved party
- Children under the age of 10 MUST be accompanied by an adult
- No children over the age of 6 in the large pool during adult swim
- During adult swim, the medium pool is closed/Baby pool open to parents with toddlers only
thunder is heard or lightning is seen, the lifeguard will blow the whistle and everyone must exit the pool immediately - No one will be allowed to
re-enter the pool until there has been no thunder or lightning for at
least 30 minutes
- All guests must be accompanied by a member during their entire visit
- Guest pass books may only be purchased by members and not given to a guest to be used independently
- If you lose your membership card, replacement cards are $5.00 each
- We reserve the right to close the pool during inclement weather that prohibits swimming
- The lifeguard is the boss of pool conduct - If the whistle is blown at you for unruly conduct the following policy will be enforced:
- 1st offense: whistle & warning
- 2nd offense: benched and Manager notified, Manager will determine amount of time and offender will be warned that a 3rd offense will be cause of expulsion for the remainder of the day
- 3rd time: Parents will be notified and you will be asked to leave for the day
- Manager may expel without warning for egregious behavior
Swim Club, Inc.
CODE OF REGULATIONS
The name of the Corporation shall be the Woodhaven Swim Club, Incorporated. The unqualified term “Club” used elsewhere in the Code of Regulations shall mean and refer to this Corporation.
Members and Membership
A. Unit Membership. The membership of the Club shall consist of family-unit memberships. The persons comprising a unit must all reside full-time in the same residence, and shall include the husband, wife, or other adult head of the household, and any unmarried child or relative of the husband, wife, or other adult head of the household, and any unmarried dependent students that currently reside full-time in the residence. The unqualified term “member” used elsewhere in the Code of Regulations shall mean and refer to a family-unit membership as herein defined.
B. Residence Requirement. As of January 1, 2006, membership in the Club shall be restricted to households residing within the geographical boundaries of Green Township, Hamilton County, Ohio; or to those residents outside the Green Township boundaries with the recommendation of two members and the approval of the Board of Trustees. These boundaries will constitute a restricted requirement for an indefinite period until such a time when further expansion is required to maintain a minimum membership. When such a need can be exhibited, any further revision to the restriction will be determined by only a unanimous decision of the Board.
C. Limitation on Number of Outstanding Memberships. From time to time the Board of Trustees shall prescribe by resolution the maximum allowable number of outstanding members, but in no event shall such number be in excess of three hundred (300).
D. Qualification for and Admission to Membership.
1. Qualification. Persons comprising a family-unit and meeting the residence requirement may apply for membership by completing an Application and submitting same with the required current year’s dues and a membership equity (Bond) as determined by the current Trustees.
2. Admission. Upon admission, said member shall be provided a duly registered Membership Certificate (Bond) and membership cards.
E. Maintenance and Duration of Membership. All members shall continue to be members so long as (1) they meet the residence requirement, and (2) pay their annual dues, and (3) comply with the Articles of Incorporation, this Code of Regulations, and Rules of the Club; and unless sooner terminated under paragraphs “F” or “G” of this Chapter II.
F. Transfer of Membership. Upon (1) the voluntary resignation of a member, or (2) the inability of a member to meet the residence requirement, the registered holder of such membership shall have the right to transfer said membership, provided all indebtedness to the Club has been paid.
1. Transfer of Membership. Said membership may be transferred by (a) delivery of the Membership Certificate (Bond) of the withdrawing member to the Secretary of the Club with the name of the successor endorsed thereon, and (b) said successor qualifying and applying for, and being admitted to membership as set forth in paragraph “D” of this Chapter II, except that in lieu of the membership equity, said successor shall pay, upon admission, a non-refundable transfer fee of Twenty Dollars ($20.00).
G. Termination of Membership. The membership of any member may be revoked and cancelled because of violation or infraction of the Articles of Incorporation, this Code of Regulations, or conduct unbecoming a member, by a majority vote of the Board of Trustees. However, before any such action by the Board of Trustees, the offending member shall be given at least ten (10) days written notice by registered mail of the charges and an opportunity to appear before the Board and be heard on such charges.
Upon termination for cause, the Board shall order the membership of the offending member revoked and cancelled.
H. Voting Rights. Each outstanding membership shall entitle the registered holder thereof to one (1) vote.
I. Annual Dues. All members shall pay their annual dues unless excused there from by express provision elsewhere in this Code of Regulations. Failure to pay annual dues in accordance with the payment schedule set forth shall be cause for termination of membership in the Club, and member’s Membership Certificate (Bond) shall revert back to the Club. If said Member reapplies for membership after a lapse of more than one year, Member shall also be required to purchase a new Membership Certificate (Bond).
1. Dues Year and Payment Schedule. The dues year shall run from May nineteenth (19) each year through May eighteenth (18) of the next succeeding year. Said dues shall be billed on or before April first (1st) each year and shall be payable in full on or before May nineteenth (19) each year, unless said dues may be payable at an incentive rate on dates determined by the Trustees.
J. Membership Certificates (Bonds).
1. Issuance. Membership Certificates (Bonds) shall be issued in numerical order. A full record of each Certificate issued shall be entered in a membership registration book.
2. Registration. Certificates shall be registered in the name of one adult person of a family-unit membership; said person shall be the representative of his or her family-unit in all matters relative to the Club and its members.
3. Lost Certificates. If any Certificate is lost or destroyed, the Board of Trustees may issue a replacement Certificate to the registered holder of such lost or destroyed Certificate upon the payment of a lost certificate fee of five dollars ($5.00).
4. Transfer. Certificates shall be transferable only upon delivery of the Certificate to the Secretary of the Club, properly endorsed, and the admission to membership of a successor member as set forth in paragraph “F” of this Chapter II, including the transfer fee as described above.
5. Worn, Defaced or Mutilated. Upon the production and surrender of any worn, defaced or mutilated Certificates to the Secretary of the Club, the Board of Trustees may order such Certificate cancelled and a replacement Certificate issued in lieu thereof.
6. Changes in Registration. Changes in the registration of a Certificate may be made by delivery of the Certificate to the Secretary of the Club, with the new registration desired endorsed thereon. Such Certificate shall then be cancelled and a replacement issued and registered accordingly.
Membership Meetings, Nominations and Election of Trustees
A. Annual Meeting. The Annual Meeting of the members shall be held during the last week of August of the current swim season at such time and place as directed by the Board of Trustees, for the purpose of electing new trustees and transacting such other business as may be indicated on the notice of such meeting. The Secretary shall cause notice of the time and place of each meeting at least fifteen (15) days prior to the date of the meeting.
B. Special Meetings. Special meetings of the members for any purpose may be called by the President, by a majority of the Board of Trustees, and shall be called by the Secretary within thirty (30) days of receipt of a written petition signed by a least fifty (50) registered holders of outstanding memberships.
Special meetings shall be held at such place and time as the person(s) calling the meeting may direct. The Secretary shall cause notice of the time and place of holding each special meeting at least fifteen (15) days prior to the date of the special meeting; the notice shall briefly indicate the purpose(s) of the meeting. No business other than that specified in the notice shall be considered at such special meeting.
C. Nomination of Candidates. Notice of fact that nominations are open and being accepted and the date nominations will close will be posted for all members of the Club. Nominations are for candidates for election to the office of the
Board of Trustees, none of who may be from the same family-unit and must be members of at least two years. Such nominations may include any Trustees whose terms are expiring. No candidate may run for three (3) consecutive terms. The nomination is valid only after obtaining acceptance of the candidate.
D. Election of Trustees. The Board of Trustees shall provide ballots for the election of trustees on which the names of all candidates shall appear in alphabetical order. The three (3) persons on said ballot receiving the largest number of votes shall be declared elected; however, a draw conducted by the current board shall decide a tie vote.
A. Board of Trustees.
1. Number and Qualifications. The Board of Trustees shall consist of nine (9) persons, all of whom shall be persons from among the membership, and shall be elected at the annual meeting or a special meeting called to elect Trustees. Each Trustee shall be a current member of at least two (2) years, over twenty-one (21) years of age, and only one (1) person from the same family-unit shall serve as Trustee at the same time.
2. Term of Office. Trustees shall hold office for three (3) years and until their successors are elected, provided they retain their membership. At each annual meeting three (3) persons shall be elected for a term of three (3) years.
3. Vacancy. Any vacancy occurring in the membership of the Board of Trustees for any reason may be filled for the unexpired term by a majority vote of the remaining Trustees. Said vacancy shall first be offered to the candidate who received the largest number of votes in the last annual election other than the candidates elected.
4. Board Meetings.
a. Organization Meeting. The first regular meeting of the Board of Trustees following the annual meeting of the members shall be an organization meeting, at which time the Trustees shall elect from among their number a President, Vice-President, Secretary and a Treasurer, together with such other officers and committees as they in their discretion deem best.
b. Regular Meetings. Regular meetings of the Board of Trustees shall be held during the first week of each month at any such place determined by the Trustees. Sufficient notice shall be given to all Trustees of the meeting’s time and place.
c. Special Meetings. Special meetings of the Board of Trustees may be called by any officer or any three (3) Trustees. For special meetings, the Secretary shall give not less than two (2) days written or oral notice, provided, however, that any notice may be waived by the entire Board at any time.
d. Quorums of Trustees Meetings. A majority of the Trustees shall constitute a quorum for the transaction of business. The act of a majority of Trustees present shall be the act of the entire Board of Trustees, except where a larger or different proportion is required by law.
5. Powers. The entire control and management of the business, funds, property, agents and affairs of the Club shall be vested in the Board of Trustees.
6. Compensation and Indemnification of Trustees. Trustees shall serve without compensation and shall be excused from paying their annual dues during their term as trustee. In special cases the Trustees may agree to a donation from said Trustees to the Club.
Each person who serves as a trustee or office of the Club shall be indemnified against expenses actually and necessarily incurred by him in connection with the defense of any action, suit or proceeding in which he is made a party by reason of being, or having been, a trustee or officer of the Club, except in relation to such matters as to which he shall be adjudged in such action, suit or proceeding to be liable for the gross neglect or willful misconduct in the performance of his duties. The right of indemnification provided herein shall extend to each trustee and officer whether or not he is such a trustee or officer at the time such costs and expenses are imposed or incurred, and in the event of his death, shall extend to his legal representatives.
1. Numbers and Term of Office. The Officers of the Club shall be a President, Vice-President, Secretary and a Treasurer, each of whom shall be elected by the Board of Trustees to serve for a term of one (1) year. Each Officer shall hold office until the organization meeting of the Trustees following the annual meeting of the members, and until his successor is elected, unless he resigns or is removed before that time by the Board of Trustees. The Board may also elect or appoint one or more assistants or agents, who need not be Trustees, and may assign to them such duties as the Board in its discretion deems best. Any one person may hold more than one office.
a. President. The President shall preside at all meetings of the members and at all meetings of the Trustees. He shall exercise general supervision over the affairs of the Club and the other officers. Subject to the control of the Board of Trustees, he shall appoint and discharge all agents and employees of the Club, appoint and discharge committees and members thereof. He shall also have such special duties as may be from time to time prescribed or delegated to him by resolution of the Board of Trustees. He shall be ex-officio a member of all committees.
b. Vice-President. In the absence, death or disability of the President, the Vice-President shall assume and discharge all duties of the office of President. He shall have such additional duties as may be delegated to him by the President or by resolution of the Board of Trustees.
c. Secretary. The Secretary shall keep minutes of all meetings of the Board of Trustees, the minutes of all meetings of the members, and the minutes of all committee meetings. He shall have access the membership registration book, and have charge of such other books and papers as the Board of Trustees may direct or which may be required by law, all of which shall be open to the examination of the Board of Trustees, and to the members at any reasonable time and proper purpose. He shall perform such other duties as may be delegated to him by the Board of Trustees.
d. Treasurer. The treasurer shall keep the books of accounts of the Club, collect its revenue and pay its bills within the limits prescribed by the Board of Trustees. He shall prepare budgets, statements of account, and deposit funds of the Club received by him in the name of the Club into its account in such depositaries as may be authorized by the Board of Trustees. He shall exhibit his books and accounts, together with all vouchers, receipts, records and other papers to the Board, and to the members at any reasonable time and proper purpose. He shall perform such other duties as may be delegated to him by the Board of Trustees.
The Treasurer and at least one (1) other appointed officer, trustee, or member shall submit their names on a signature card at the banking institution chosen by the Board of Trustees. Only those Officers who have submitted their names to the banking institution will have proper access to accounts thereof, and only those officers, or trustee, or member shall have authority to sign banking documents.
C. Club Manager. The Club Manager shall be a full time employee of the Club during the months of operation of the Club’s facilities. He shall have direct supervision of all paid employees of the Club and shall carry out the Club’s programs of activities as approved by the Board of Trustees. He shall take reasonably necessary action to protect the life and limb of the members and guest of the Club its facilities, and the property of adjacent property owners.
The Club Manager is subject to the control and direction of the Board of Trustees. The Club Manager shall attend meetings of the Board of Trustees when necessary, report directly to the Board of Trustees of any and all activities, actions and occurrences of members and members’ guests when appropriate, and follow the recommendations of the Board of Trustees. He shall perform such other duties as may be delegated to him by the Board of Trustees.
D. Committees. The Board of Trustees may create and establish from time to time such committees, as it may deem best to carry out the administration and operation of the Club. At least one (1) of the persons appointed to all committees shall be a Trustee, and one (1) of the members of such committee shall be appointed chairperson. All committees shall be subject to the control and direction of the Board of Trustees and shall report all action to the Board in writing.
E. Removal of Officers, Committee Members; Filling Vacancies. Any Officer or member of a committee may be removed from such office or committee at any time with or without cause, by the affirmative vote of a majority of the Board of Trustees. Any vacancy occurring among the officers or committee members may be filled by appointment made by the Board of Trustees for the unexpired term.
The Club assumes no responsibility, express or implied, and by the acceptance and use of the Club’s facilities, the members and their guests waive any and all claims for any accident or injury to any person or property, or the loss, or damage, of the property of the members and their guests which may be brought or left in the Club building or on the grounds.
This Code of Regulations may be amended at any annual or special meeting of the members. An amendment for consideration may originate in either of two (2) ways: it may be proposed by the Board of Trustees, or it may be proposed to the Board of Trustees in writing over the signatures of the registered holders of at least fifty (50) memberships as of the date of submission of the proposed amendment to the Board of Trustees.
A proposed amendment must be submitted by the Board of Trustees to the membership at an annual or special meeting within sixty (60) days of the date of the proposal; a copy of the proposed amendment and notice of the time and place of the meeting must be given to the registered holders of the outstanding memberships at least fifteen (15) days prior to the date of the meeting. Adoption of an amendment shall require the affirmative vote of a majority of the outstanding memberships on the rolls of the Club on the date the vote is taken.
A. Notice Requirements. In any matter requiring notice to registered holders of outstanding membership, notice shall be considered given when it has been posted in at least three (3) positions in the Club building.
B. Audits. The Board of Trustees shall cause the books of the Club to be audited annually by auditors selected from among the membership of the Club by said Board. Said auditors shall neither be a Trustee nor an Officer and only one (1) person from the same membership shall be selected to be auditors at the same time. The report of such auditors shall be made to the Board of Trustees in writing, signed by the persons performing the audit, and said report shall be available to the members at all times.
C. Guest Privileges. Guest privileges may be established for persons not members upon such terms and conditions as the Board of Trustees may from time to time prescribe.